I am J, a proud mother of two beautiful daughters and an adorable yellow lab.
This is my journey back to me ... back to Yoga, back to my photography, back to my cooking, back to running... back to me.
I am new to blogging and still finding my way around what seems an already crowded world.
... a few tidbits about myself ...
Fact #1 - I love cooking ... I hardly ever use recipes ... if I do, its only for inspiration or help with specific methods... I love to make a meal regardless of what you find in your kitchen. This is why I am not much of a baker. I don't like to be dependent on exact measurements or ingredients. I also don't have much a sweet tooth, so not much baking or dessert making around my household.
Fact # 2: I love Yoga ... especially Ashtanga Yoga ... but any Yoga will do. I have been practicing on and off for about 12 years. Meditation is next on my list ... but this one is a difficult one to tackle.
Fact #3: I love taking pictures ... my girls used to be my favorite subjects, but now they don't have the patience for the numerous retakes... so food has taken over my photographs.
I try to do everything on manual settings and use real food you actually can eat ... I often feel I am not taking my shots in the proper or most efficient way... as basically all I know about photography I have taught myself.
Fact #4: I love running ... okay, maybe that is too strong of a statement. I love the way I feel after I have completed my run.
This is a brief timeline of my very short but ongoing love affair with running:
1. All my life ... running was never on my favorites list.
2. July 2010 ... decided to take on running ...
3. October 2010 ... ran the Toronto Half Marathon in 2:00:18 (I was very pleased)
4. November 7, 2010 ... got injured. IT Band. Self-inflicted injury in a sense ... I didn't actually know REST was an actual part of training.
5. December 2010 ... Ignored my injury for a month ... finally had to accept it. I had to STOP. Visit the chiropractor.
6. On rest until February 2011.
7. Excuses, fear of re-injury and work (okay, that is another excuse) ... no running.
8. July 2011 ... finally back to some type of regular running... and hopefully continued improvement to come.
Blogging ... I started blogging about a month ago ... I am still feeling my way around ... but enjoying every minute of it.
The blog title ... semplicemente J ... it evolved as I tried to find whimsical and attention grabbing titles that all blogs seem to have. I started with Milkdud "something or other", for my love of Milkduds, Nutella Nut, for my love of Nutella, Grapes and Cheese (this one was taken), for my love of ... yes you guessed it... Grapes (seedless) and Muenster Cheese ... I couldn't seem to find the right title so I decided to call it... simply put ... J.
So here it is ... simply ... J ... a glimpse into my world ...