I can't believe I have not written a post for almost one month. There has been much to be done at work and a show that I had to attend. For some reason after I come back from a show, work seems to pile up and it takes MORE than a few days to get back to a point where I feel semi-caught up and feel my to-do list is manageable.
So my days were spent like this:
2. My hotel room in Chicago - no sharing this year - HEAVEN!
3. The view from my room ... I love Chicago!
4. Chicago - Has to be one of the most beautiful cities that I have ever been to ... I really think I could live there! I LOVE Chicago ... (did I already say that?)
Work ... work ... work ... and a little more of Chicago ...
I was lucky to be able to run in Chicago ... I think it ended up being a 6 mile run with frequent stops ... but the city's sights and sounds are so amazing ... I really had not had such a beautiful run in ages ... the buildings, the people, the energy of a city ...
Have I said I love Chicago yet? :) Well, I can at least say I DO NOT like Chicago style pizza ...
The run was not without surprises ... the homeless in the street saddened me ... I started my run in the heart of downtown, the high-end stores, and wonderful restaurants ... but being that I am directionally challenged instead of running towards the water I ended up running parallel to it only to arrive at a less busy part of the city ... here too I felt saddened to find an apartment building completely empty - closed probably it had a chance to sell ... such a sign of our times ... scary.
We had an interesting dinner at the Slurping Turtle ... egg - coconut milk shot included ... I know what you must be thinking ... she passes on the Chicago style pizza but asks for an egg shot dessert without a problem ... I know ... I know ... :)
Another highlight of the last few weeks was running in my daughters' school 5K. 3rd in my age group ... but I can't brag too much as there were only 12 women in my age group ... I was #17th overall ... again ... I can't brag too much either ... this year there were only 47 participants as opposed to last year's 125 or so. Regardless, it was a lot of fun and I love supporting the school.
Notes for future 5Ks:
- don't start too fast ... I always do ... this time it was no different
- warm up ... I stretched, but should have run a little too ... I felt my ankles for the first 1/2 mile
- push myself more ... I could have done more ... or at least started before ... I did not ... I will ...
Notes for future 5Ks ... the positive ...
I cheered my friend on for the last few meters to the finish line ... I loved being able to cheer someone on ... actually today she is running the Diva's Half ... wishing her the best virtually. I was supposed to run it ... but I leave for Brasile today ... so because of this and many other reasons I had to pass.
Mother's Day was wonderful ... spent it with my girls ... my family ... Dante and I enjoyed some alone time early in the morning ...
I also went to my first Charlotte Food Bloggers meeting ... I met very nice people, actually the authors of two blogs I follow ... they were very funny and welcoming, however I realized that I felt out of my medium ... I realized that I am not really a food blogger ... I do not review restaurants often, I do not post my recipes ... but what really made me realize I really do not know a thing about this blogging world is when M. asked me for my card ... truthfully I reached for my business card as that is the only card I have, and I guess when someone says card I think of work ... it was kind of embarrassing when I realized after someone else joined us that M. was talking about a card from the blog or my blogging persona ... I felt so dumb and a little out of place ... fortunately I was able to laugh about it later as I spoke about the incident with friends.
And to round up my last week ...
1. Lunch with Jillian, (co-worker and friend) ... I love her and it is always so much fun to have lunch with her. It was also amazing to leave the office on a beautiful day.
2. Spending time with my Dante ...
3. Sports Awards Ceremony with Matthew and Tittina ... MVP for Golf for Matthew!
4. Senior Award Banquet with the girls ... Nana is a NC Scholar and was recognized for the amount of hours in Community Service. Proud Mamma Moment!
The coming weeks:
- Next week - week 1 - This week I will be in Brazil - 7 days about 5 cities ... I am missing my 3 day weekend .. :(
I need to start training for the Montreal Half ... yes, I said a HALF ... help ... I need to get serious with my training. It is time to buckle down if I really want to do it ...
2010 - my first half
2011 - 2nd half skipped because of injury
2012 - don't want to have to write ... skipped because of laziness ... :)
Week 2 - office
Week 3 - college orientation with Nana ... :( ... :) ... excited ... and in disbelief
Week 4 - graduation at the end of the week ... again I repeat ... :( ... :)
Week 5 - office
Week 6 and 7 - back to back shows ... will be out traveling for 16 days, this time only two countries ... 3 cities.
Week 8 - office for a few days - July 4th - office for one day and then off for two days to visit with my family ... yeah!
I think that is as far as I can think ... I have to fit in a trip to Canada and Mexico ... really do not know where or how ...
... a dopo ... J